Dr. James O. Harris
April 29, 2018
Words That Can Condemn -Romans 2:1-3
(1) Therefore thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoever thou art that judgest: for wherein thou judgest another, thou condemnest thyself; for thou that judgest doest the same things. (2) But we are sure that the judgement of God is according to truth against them which commit such things. (3) And thinkest thou this, O man, that judgest them which do such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the judgement of God?
Dr. Harris is a native of Rosedale, Mississippi and a graduate of its public school system. After acknowledging his calling into the gospel ministry on March 7, 1983, and being licensed to preach in 1983 and ordained in 1983, he began and continues his journey of academic preparation for the gospel ministry. His Education/Credentials/Achievements:
- A graduate of Mississippi Valley State University, Itta Bena, MS (class of 1975)
- A graduate of Andersonville Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity, Doctorate of Theology and a Doctorate of Ministry
The ministry has provided Dr. Harris the opportunity to serve in various capacities:
- facilitated numerous classes at the local and state level in Christian Education and Doctrines
- served as moderator of the Bolivar County Baptist Association (six years)
- served as Recording Secretary of the GMBSC of Mississippi (four years)
- served as President of the GCMBDA Congress of Christian Education (four years)
- served as First Vice-Moderator of our association
- served as Moderate of GCMBDA
- presently serving as Assistant Director Registration NBCUSA, Inc. (seventeen years)
- presently serving as Vice President of GMBSC.
- presently serves as pastor of First Missionary Baptist Church, Moss Point, Mississippi, since 2000.
He is a faithful minister, a gifted teacher, and an anointed preacher who has given his life to the ministry and proclamation of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Dr. Harris carries a passion in his heart for singing and nurturing the flock—a strong servant of God with an affinity for Foreign Mission.
He is married to the former Marlene Henry, and they are the proud parents of four children: Timothy, Kimberly, Katherine, and James C. (Patrice) Harris and three grandchildren: Kelsey, Kaelynn and Kelvion.